Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1

Both of these projects were created for Graphic Symbolism. The goal of the projects was to show an event without using any type, but only graphic images.
California Frog Jumping Contest
For this design, I researched about frog jumping contests, since I was unfamiliar with them. I found out that the frogs jump three times before their distance is measured. With this knowledge, I decided to make a frog and show that it has jumped more than once. I used the state outline of California and put it into perspective with the direction that the frog was jumping to give it more visual interest.

Tokyo Flower Show
For this design I chose to create a character in a Japanese style. I added a pattern in the background for more visual interest, and chose a light blue to compliment the rest of the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment