Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 20

Retro Plus Logo
This logo was created for a convention that I thought up for my Collateral Design class.
The idea behind the convention was that it would be a convention only for games of the past.
I used Adobe Illustrator to create the logo. I found a typeface that was reminiscent of ones that were used in retro games.
I chose to use a D-pad in the logo since a lot of older game console's controllers had them. The "O" in retro overlaps with the D-pad to make it look similar to a rewind button. My reason behind this was to help tie the logo more into the slogan. 

Retro Plus Billboard
This billboard design was created for the same class. I wanted to do something unique with the billboard and not just have an image with information. 
I chose to use elements from the game Super Mario Bros. I designed the pipe to make it appear as if it was connected to the pole of the billboard. The pipe is iconic, as it is was Mario can use to travel to different areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment